What do we do? Well, we're plain and simple folk, just getting out of the house, without kids is enough to make it a date. Add a fun stop for dinner and it's a bonus. Add a movie and it's a real treat!
Luckily Jeff and I are easy to please when it comes to our entertainment, honestly-we'll see just about any genre of movie. Horror is the only one we both agree is off the table. I like the suspenseful/scary movies more than he does, and he likes the action movies a little more than I do, but we're both happy to go and watch almost anything.
For a good long while there was a real lack of movies worth the price of a ticket-even with our willingness to give *almost* anything a chance. Thankfully, the tides are changing and some fun movies have hit the screen lately. I thought I'd share a few we've seen over the past few weeks. First we saw "I Am Number Four." I wasn't expecting much, but we hadn't been to the movies in a long time, and thought we'd give it a shot. It was much better than either of us expected. I didn't love Dianna Agron (from GLEE) so much, but we both really enjoyed the pace of the film and the story itself.
This movie is a little sci-fi, part action, with a side story of romance, and a lot of fun. It was exciting, and made me jump in my seat a few times (but not from anything gross or scary-just surprise).
The book the movie is based on has done quite well, and it's on my list to read. I'm really hoping they have more of the story coming down the pipes, because we'd definitely go see them.
There was some swearing, and medium levels of violence. Teenage sex is alluded to, but not shown, there are teenagers drinking alcohol in the movie. Check out the trailer here if you're not familiar with the movie.
Here are some others we've seen---maybe I'll post my thoughts on them...if I remember! What have you seen lately? Recommendations?
























1 comment:
love the review, what did you think of limitless? and when this hits your email box, all you have to do is hit reply and I will get the message because I linked my email to blogger.
Post a Comment