Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This week

Jeff is fishing on the Green River in North Eastern Utah, he was lucky enough to be invited by some guys through his work and he is loving it!  This is the picture he sent me from his phone the first day with this text:  20 fish before 11AM.

In other words, it's darn good fishing!

The older boys are wishing they could have gone along for the trip I think, especially when I told them how many fish he's been catching!  But it has to be FREEZING, if you know how much he hates the cold that will tell you how much he loves to fish.

Teacher Conferences are this week, here they encourage you to bring the kids, which I find annoying.  How likely am I to get the full scoop if they are sitting right there.  But their teachers assigned as homework for them to come.  

Kiefer had his first debate tournament of the year yesterday, they won 2 of the 3 debates they were in.  He's busy working on college entrance and scholarship essays, and entrance forms, and looking for a job.

Quinn just finished his driving with Driver's Ed, he passed and is anxiously waiting for his birthday now.  Here in Utah once they get the certificate from the class they just take it to the DMV and pay $30 on their birthday, much less stressful than anxiously waiting to test.  He has begun hard core wrestling practice, and has his first tournament next Wednesday.  

Tate is this close to finishing his Eagle paperwork, thank goodness! Can't wait to be done with another one! Quinn is trying to talk him into wrestling for the Jr. High this year, it speaks much for Quinn's persuasive powers that Tate is seriously considering it.  

Thane is busy with Scouts and friends, and trying to talk us into snowboarding lessons this winter.  The city has a great program where they take kids to a ski resort all day Saturdays in December and they get a half day lesson and then go up the hill to practice the rest of the day.  I told him I'll look into it.  It would be a great Christmas gift, if only it was after Christmas!  Utah has free ski passes for all 4th, 5th, and 6th graders as well, so he's trying to use that as leverage-he's really too smart for me.

Sage is absolutely in love with crafts right now.  She's been begging to do some sort of needlework, so I got her a cross stitch bookmark to make, it was a hit.  Then she started latchook, another hit.  Then she made herself a hat on a knitting loom.  The girl loves her projects-at least at first.  It takes some serious prodding from me once the newness wears off.  But she was thrilled when she finished the hat, I'll have to take a picture of her wearing it, it's pretty cute.

That's it for this week, I'm busier than I can keep track of .  Work is good-I moved to a department with weekends and evenings off, and that's been really nice.  But I have to train down in SLC and that's been a pain.  I keep telling myself it's all worth it to go to Church every week, and it is---it's just hard to remember that as I drive back and forth 4 days a week.  Soon I'll be able to work from home again, and then it will really be worth it! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's Jeff freezing and not you! (or me for that matter!) Are you so proud of my official, non-anonymous comment? I'm coming up in the world. Miss you.

jen said...

So Jeff would freeze in the river for lots of fish, but when Brad wanted to come, "it's too cold." :| ;)

Tanner said...

Love the Beard!