Cute "Crime Scene" Invitation "I would die to go to prom with you" at http://thebakerfam.blogspot.com/2010/09/late-way-late-1230ish-am-last-night.html
and the answer at::
http://thebakerfam.blogspot.com/2010/09/answer-you-have-all-been-dying-for.html
***********************
These are from the comments of this post How Does She
I have so many, I don’t even know where to start.
1. I decorated a guys room with cut out stars and said something like “Our fate is in the stars, will you go to the dance with me”. He looked at each and every star, but my name was actually spelled out in glow in the dark stars on his ceiling (got his mom’s permission).
2. To answer, got a bunch of helium pink ballons and put pig faces on them. Put them all in a box and left a note that said “I’ll go to the dance with you when pigs fly”. This almost back fired because the guy was so upset by the note, he didn’t open the box to let the “pigs fly”, until I called and told him to open the box. Could possibly alter this to ask.
3. I got a whole bunch of fortune cookies and said “I would consider myself fortuneate if you would go to the dance with me” and stuck my name in one of the cookies.
4. Got a bowl of Swedish fish and a note that said “Of all the fish in the sea, you are the only one for me. Will you go to the dance with me”. The guy dug through the fish forever looking for my name, I showed up later holding a goldfish.
Please don’t ‘snicker’ when I ‘pop’ the question. “Will you go to the dance with me?” Snickers candy bars with helium balloons. Pop the balloons to find the name or letters of the name.
“Me and You make a good combination. Will you go to the dance with me?” A mailbox locked with a combination lock given with a paper with hundreds of different combinations.
Here’s one I heard of once that sounded kind of fun:
Decorate under her bed. Lots of confetti, balloons, flowers, whatever… and a note asking her to the dance. And then, set an alarm clock to go off at, like, 3am.
Or, the old standby: A trail of Hershey’s kisses from the door to her bedroom… ‘Now that I’ve kissed the ground you walk on, will you go to the dance with me?’
****************************
These ones involved boyfriends, so they were a little more work and I don’t know how they would go over with “just anyone”.
5. My boyfriend got 11 garbage bags of shredded paper (his mom worked for the state) and filled my car while I was at work. In the bottom of my car was a present with his name in it (I was less than pleased about the mess). To get back at him I got 10 pounds of M&Ms (the big peanut ones) and took three and wrote “Y-E-S” but I also grabbed 2 and put “N” on them (just to freak him out). He spent a week looking on the front and back of every single one. He finally gave up and asked my answer after his family ate a bunch.
6. Another boyfriend sent me on a scavenger hunt during school. He got a deck of playing cards and took out all the hearts cards. He put a rose, a heart playing card, and a note with a poem and instructions of where to go next for each card in 12 different classrooms (with permission from the teachers). At the end he was holding the Ace of Hearts card with another dozen roses and a group of guys from the show choir there to sing “Unchained Melody”. Since I had inturupted 12 classes and was walking around with 2 dozen roses, I was quite a sight, but it was pretty awesome.
7. Another guy got a whole bunch of ballons and filled them with paper and put them in my room. I had to pop dozens of balloons and looks on tons of paper to find his name.
8. Another time a guy got 10 bags of hugs and kisses and scattered them all over my room (my mom approved ahead of time). His name was on the bottom of one of the kisses.
****************
So many great ones to share:
1. My friend and I got TONS of shredded paper (the long kind, not the confetti kind – we weren’t THAT mean!) and put it everywhere in her dates room. In his shoes, his pillowcase, his bed, etc. In all of the mess she his a card asking him to go to the dance with her.
2. Get a bag of hersheys kisses and scatter them in a path in their house to the shower. Then leave a rose and a note saying, “I’ll shower you with kisses if you’ll go to the dance with me!”
3. A note on cereal “Be my Lucky Charm at the dance this weekend?”
4. Put some pears and a bottle of honey in a basket. “We’d make the perfect pair at the dance. Will you be my honey?”
1. My friend and I got TONS of shredded paper (the long kind, not the confetti kind – we weren’t THAT mean!) and put it everywhere in her dates room. In his shoes, his pillowcase, his bed, etc. In all of the mess she his a card asking him to go to the dance with her.
2. Get a bag of hersheys kisses and scatter them in a path in their house to the shower. Then leave a rose and a note saying, “I’ll shower you with kisses if you’ll go to the dance with me!”
3. A note on cereal “Be my Lucky Charm at the dance this weekend?”
4. Put some pears and a bottle of honey in a basket. “We’d make the perfect pair at the dance. Will you be my honey?”
*****************






















Place some “sticky buns” in the back of a toy truck. Attach note that says, “I’d love to haul your buns to the dance”
.-= Story Lady´s last blog ..Wild Sunflowers =-.
I don’t remember everything I wrote…That was like 10+ years ago… anyways, something to the effect of you make my heart race — therefore you’re getting a “Speeding Ticket”… He was one of those guys that was like “perfect”… a very good, clean cut guy… if you know what I mean & he was SOOOO Embaressed & very Surprised about the cop showing up at his door! — so were His neighbor’s!!
It was Classic & he said he would Never forget it!
I found a 5 lb. bag of flour on my doorstep with a note that said: Will you go to homecoming with me? My name is in the flour.
The flour bag had clearly been opened and taped shut.
With my best friend we tore through the flour bag and after 3 hours of sifting and resifting and making a TOTAL DISASTER of the kitchen we swore that we lost the name somewhere but decided it was late enough and went to bed. The next morning I found a rose on my doorstep that said:
Oops sorry! Wrong flower and his name was stuck between the petals!
I was really frustrated but it was super cute!!
Also, my husband is pretty darn romantic and proposed with a real GLASS SLIPPER!! Oh how I love him!!
It was definitely a self esteem booster and I thought a unique way to ask.
My heart beets for you,
With your turnip nose
And your radish face.
You are a peach.
If we cantaloupe,
Lettuce marry.
Weed make a swell pear.
2. To answer back, we filled his bathtub with water and put 34 rubber ducks (yellow) and one pink rubber duck in there. Then on his mirror we wrote, “Of all the ducks on the lake, I’m so glad you chose me to take!! Yes!”
3. To ask a guy to a girls choice dance, I decorated his room with gold and black streamers and balloons and a giant trophy… 4ft tall to be exact… (Got it at DI, a thrift store). Then i put up 2 black posters with gold writing that said, “I’d feel like I’d won first place…” that was on his door. The other was taped to the trophy in his room that said, “If you go to Sadie’s with me!” I left letters to my name scattered all around his room so he had to find them and unscramble them.
4. To answer, he left the trophy standing up on my car (I wasn’t happy to see that thing again! It was HEAVY) and left a poster saying, “I’d feel like a loser if I missed this opportunity!” With picts of football players and basketball players sitting on the ground like “losers”
5. For another girls choice dance, I painted a poster that said on one side, “I’ll go to the dance with you” then on the other, “When pigs fly!”. I cut it up into about 15 pieces and gave them to people to give to him randomly throughout the day, teachers to give them to him, randomly on the wall for him to find, lunch ladies to give to him, I even asked the resource officer to call him into his office to make it sound like he was in trouble, but he really just gave him another piece to the puzzle. The best part? When he put it all together, NOTHING HAPPENED! No pigs flew
6. To answer back, he came to my house around 1 or 2 am and started throwing little pebbles at my window (romantic, I know! good thing he was my boyfriend!) When I came to the window he started singing a cheesy song he had made up to the tune of, “call me maybe”. I don’t remember the exact lyrics, but it was so cute!
7. For my friend to answer her date back to the dance, we kidnapped him at six in the morning, blind folded him, drove him around in a car for about a half hour so he was really confused, and brought him to her house. We sat him down at the table and when we uncovered his eyes there was a giant breakfast waiting for them. The server, (her mom)brought out pancakes and his had a giant “YES” in whipped cream.
8. To help another friend, we made some vanilla pudding and put it in a large bowl with a laminated piece of paper that said YES somewhere in the middle of it. On top of the pudding we put an entire can of whipped cream. We gave it to him in the middle of class and made him tie his hands behind his back and eat it to find the answer. It was priceless.
9. A way my friend got answered was the boy made A LOT of jello (5 gallons to be exact) and poured it all into a 5 gallon bucket. He laminated a piece of paper that said YES on it, and tied it to a dice with ribbon so it wouldn’t get too lost in there. (But it was dark green jello so you couldn’t see where it was at) Then he left it on her doorstep and ding dong ditched her.
10. A way to answer back- This boy had a truck, so in his truck bed she left a bale of hay with a sign saying, “I promise not to BALE on you! Of course I’ll go!”